Our privacy & data services include:
- Privacy & Data Breach Risk Management Program
- Data Cleansing
privacy & data breach risk management program
If you are not concerned about cyber attacks you probably should be! Most businesses grossly underestimate their risk of a cyber attack, and worse – have no plans to deal with a breach if it occurs. The effect of a well-executed attack can be catastrophic on businesses both large and small.
SEC has brought together a collection of highly regarded service providers to provide a comprehensive service that will help you to identify your risks and address them.
The program consists of 8 clear steps:
- Initial scoping - one hour onsite visit to assess the situation including data, servers, backups, protections etc, and to agree a way forward. No fee.
- Data cleansing - agree guidelines for data destruction, retention and storage; remove and securely destroy paper and/or electronic records and materials.
- IT Security -scan data systems remotely to assess volume and location of data, levels of protection. Then implement new and/or enhanced protection and data controls as necessary.
- Policies and Procedures - draft documents such as the Information Security Policy and other policies and procedures to enable ongoing management of security controls.
- Training - train staff in policies and procedures and ongoing management of security controls and implication for individuals.
- Certification - certification in relevant modules of the Talent Engagement Standard (TES), and/or ISO 27001, and/or PCI Compliance, and or other industry standards as required
- Insurance - insurance in cyber security and other areas as required.
- Legal Support - access to legal support throughout and following the implementation of the Program.
Apart from step 1 you can select which Steps you prefer, although we do recommend all Steps to ensure full protection and security.
Our detailed plan explains each Step and the likely fees.
Has your business collected records that are now cluttering your office? Perhaps you are paying regular fees to store the paper in a storage facility? Perhaps you are concerned that these records contain personal information that may be in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles?
Any of these situations can be readily corrected.
We will work closely with you to develop the right approach:
- how long should records be held
- how to remove and destroy unnecessary data
- how to file records so you can readily manage them in the future.
A trained project team will work on site until the records have been sorted, and will leave you with the records in paper and/or electronic format that you need.
The Data Cleansing Service consists of 4 stages which can be selected as required:
- Develop approach – review the situation and risk and develop an approach to cleanse the data.
- Cleansing – a team of 2 will come onsite to sort the records and save electronically and/or arrange for secure destruction of the records as per the agreed approach.
- Document and Train – document the records policy and procedures, including an electronic folder structure and file naming protocol, to manage records collected in the future.
- Ongoing cleansing – the team can return on a regular basis to help keep your records sorted and managed as per the agreed procedures.
Note –The daily fee rate is normally $880/day. Fees quoted include GST. Expenses, such as document removal, will be at cost.
Service Excellence Consulting is a highly experienced and qualified consulting service, specialising in compliance and business improvement. We are leaders in privacy management particularly in recruitment and employment. For more information see the Data Cleansing Case Study on our website, www.seconsulting.com.au , or contact us directly.