SEC is a specialist in certification services for quality (9001), OHS (4801) and environmental (14001) management standards. In 2015 the 9001 and 14001 standards were fully revised and updated, and in 2016 the new international OHS standard is expected to be released. The 9001:2015standard has a stronger emphasis on the process approach and introduces risk base thinking. All three standards will have a similar structure and new requirements on documented information.
Changes may be needed
Organisations that are certified in these standards will need to become familiar with the new requirements and prepare to transition to the new versions before the changeover deadline. Some businesses will only need to make minimal updates to maintain compliance, but other organisations will need to substantially revise their management system. It may be necessary to change the way they think about the management systems, rewrite documentation, develop risk- based thinking, conduct training and make all staff aware of the new requirements.
SEC can help
Our consultants are also very experienced lead auditors who are familiar with the certification process and the requirements of the new standards. We can assist you by:
- conducting a gap analysis
- developing and documenting processes
- planning and co-ordinating improvement projects
- facilitating workshops
- updating documented information
- providing training the new standards and in your own updated management system
- conducting internal audits
- providing advice and information on best practice
- helping prepare your business for the transition audit.
Contact us now to discuss how we can help you.
Quality Management - ask these 4 simple questions:
- What do we want to achieve?
- Where are the potential problems and how important are they?
- What should we do to manage these?
- How do we know if we have achieved what we want?
The main changes in 9001:2015:
- Introduction of organizational context
- Emphasis on risk and opportunity
- Focus on process management
- Revision to requirements for documented information
- Change in terminology
- Leadership is more important
- No requirement for management representative
- Combines NC with Corrective actions; Preventive Action is withdrawn
- Managing knowledge is recognized
- No exclusions
SEC services include:
- Quality Management
- Diagnostic Services
- Data Cleansing
- Privacy Training
- Transition to 9001:2015
- Service Excellence Consulting
- Webinars - select "Training" on the top menu for a list of upcoming webinars and recordings. Certex International is a business associated with SEC.
- Purchase 9001:2015 - click the link on the right hand side (The Australian/New Zealand version, AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016, is the same as the ISO 9001:2015)